Have you decided that bankruptcy is unavoidable?  Are you ready to get started?  If the question is not if, but when, you will file bankruptcy, I will need you to complete our “Long Form” Questionnaire that will provide me with most of the information I will need to prepare your petition:

1. Download and fill out completely my “long form” questionnaire.  Email (atlantabankruptcy@gmail.com) or fax (770-393-0240) the completed form to me.

MS Word


2. We need copies of “payment advices” for the last 7 months. If you are married, you need to include your spouse’s pay advices as well.  A payment advice can include your paystub, a dividend receipt, a one time payment, a disability payment or bonus check receipt.

3. We need a copy of last year’s income tax return.

4. Make me a copy of your Social Security card and driver’s license. When you attend your mandatory meeting of creditors hearing, you will need two forms of ID. One must be a picture ID like a driver’s license or a passport, and the second form of ID must be a Social Security card or some other document with your full social security number.  If you have misplaced your Social Security card, we suggest that you request a replacement (SSA form to request a replacement card).  We recommend that you bring your two forms of ID to your meeting with me so we can make a copy and keep in my file as backup.  If you have any questions about what constitutes acceptable ID for your bankruptcy hearing, feel free to call us at 770-393-4985.

5. Obtain copies of your credit reports. If possible, get me copies of your credit reports from all 3 credit bureaus. You can mail away for these reports or download them today at annualcreditreport.com.  You can also request credit reports directly from the credit bureaus.

6. Go t0 CarMax and get a written offer to buy. This does not mean that you are going to sell your vehicle. CarMax will give you a free written appraisal that will help us in the bankruptcy process.

7. If you have a house, call a local real estate agent (such as Re-Max or Century 21) and ask for an informal “drive by” appraisal and information about comperables in your neighborhood.

8. Get your mandatory pre-filing credit counseling certificate.  A few vendors you can use:


Jonathan Ginsberg represents honest, hardworking men and women in the Atlanta area who need bankruptcy protection. Call him at 770-393-4985 for a confidential discussion.

    Find more about me on:

  • facebook
  • googleplus
  • linkedin
  • twitter
  • youtube