If You’re Just Starting to Look
In order to evaluate your case, I need some basic information about your income, your monthly budget (expenses) and the type of debt you have incurred. If you are just starting to think about bankruptcy and want a “big picture” overview, you should fill out my simple “2 page questionnaire” and fax it or email it to me. This 2 page form will take about 5 minutes to complete and it will give me enough information to speak with you intelligently about your debt situation.
If You are Ready to File
If you want a more detailed evaluation or if you know that you need to file, I will need a lot more information. A bankruptcy petition – either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 – contains over 50 pages and requires extensive information about your debts, your assets, your income and your expenses. When you are ready for a detailed evaluation, I will need:
- copies of your pay stubs (and your spouse’s pay stubs) for the current month and the last 6 months
- a copy of your 2016 income tax return
- copies of current credit reports – which you can get for free at AnnualCreditReport.com
- my Atlanta bankruptcy intake questionnaire – completed
- All of this documentation can be faxed to me at 770-393-0240 or scanned and emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.